Facebook
Twitter
Telegram
WhatsApp

Two year old minor rescued from the jaws of a hippopotamus by a good Samaritan who witnessed the devastating occurrence of events.

A hippopotamus that had strayed from Lake Katwe in Rwenjubu cell, Kabatoro Town Council in Uganda had swallowed a boy named     Iga Paul as he was playing in their home.

A good Samaritan referred to as Chrispas Bagonza who witnessed the incident stoned the hippo scaring it to vomit the two years old minor which it had swallowed halfway before running towards Lake Katwe.

Boy Swallowd By Hippo Halfway Vomited.
Photo Courtesy//Boy Swallowd By Hippo Halfway Vomited.

Uganda police later released a statement indicating that a boy named Paul Iga had been swallowed halfway by a hippo from Lake Katwe while playing a few metres from their home.

“The territorial police in Katwe – Kabatoro, in Kasese, registered an incident of a hippo attack, after it grabbed a two-year-old boy, identified as Iga Paul, from the head and swallowed half of his body. The victim was attacked on 04.12.2022, at around 3 pm, while playing at their home in Rwenjubu cell, Lake Katwe – Kabatoro Town Council in Kasese District,” the police report read.

The police officers also noted that Paul Iga was rescued by a man by the name Chrispas Bagonza who witnessed the incident and scared the hippo with stones to vomit the minor before it ran for its safety to the lake. After the incident, the two years old boy was rushed to the hospital where he was treated and discharged.

“It took the bravery of one Chrispas Bagonza, who was nearby, to save the victim after he stoned the hippo and scared it, causing it to release the victim from its mouth. The victim was immediately rushed for treatment at a nearby clinic, for injuries on the hand and later transferred to Bwera Hospital for further treatment. He recovered fully and was discharged, after receiving a vaccine for rabies. He was thereafter, handed over to the parents by police,” police officers noted.

Residents of the area and those who live near game reserves, parks and wild animals sanctuaries were also warned and advised to always take caution of stray animals that might find their way near their homes.

“Although the hippo was scared back into the lake, all residents near animal sanctuaries and habitats should know that wild animals are very dangerous. Instinctually, wild animals see humans as a threat and any interaction can cause them to act strangely or aggressively,” added police officers.

 

 

 

 

Do you have a groundbreaking story you would like us to publish? Please reach us through mm@unreportedke.co.ke or WhatsApp: +254713104367. Contact Unrepoted Ke instantly. 

One Response

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Do you love this? Share

Join our mailing list to receive updates of any news

More News Recommended for You

Join our mailing list to receive updates of news updates